Perfect for Keeping Grains Organized and Fresh
Lentil Soup with Celery, Carrots, Onions and Spinach Recipe
This Lentil Soup with Celery, Carrots, Onions, and Spinach is a hearty and nutritious soup that is ideal for a cold day. The lentils and vegetables combine to make a soup that is both filling and nutritious. The addition of spinach at the end of the cooking process gives the soup a pop of color and freshness.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Bring the lentils and water to a boil in a large pot over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until the lentils are tender.
- Heat the olive oil in a separate pan over medium-high heat.
- Sauté the onion, carrots, celery, and garlic for 10 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes after adding the thyme, cumin, and smoked paprika.
- Add the sauteed vegetables and lentils to the pot.
- Bring the vegetable broth to a simmer.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until the soup is thoroughly heated and the flavors have blended.
- Cook until the spinach leaves have wilted, about 2-3 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.
The Great Vegan Bean Book
The Big Bean Cookbook
365 Unique Bean Recipes
Baking With Beans
Kidney Bean and Tomato Salad Recipe
Potatoes, Chickpeas, and Broccoli Vegetable Bowl Recipe
Cooked Beans Medley with Lime and Cilantro Garnish Recipe
Mixed Bean and Seeds Medley with Pumpkin Seed, Pistachios and Almonds Recipe