Perfect for Keeping Grains Organized and Fresh
Cheese and Lentil Soup with Carrots and Chickpeas Recipe
Because of the lentils, chickpeas, and spices, this hearty soup is high in protein and flavor. The addition of grated cheddar cheese adds a creamy and satisfying touch.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat the olive oil.
- Cook until the onion and garlic are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Cook for another 5 minutes, or until the carrots begin to soften.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until the cumin, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper are fragrant.
- Bring the vegetable broth, chickpeas, and lentils to a boil in the pot.
- Reduce to a low heat and continue to cook for 20-25 minutes, or until the lentils are tender.
- Puree the soup until smooth, either with an immersion blender or in batches in a blender.
- Stir in the grated cheddar cheese until it is melted.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and top with fresh parsley.
Goya Foods 16 Bean Soup Mix
The Bean Cookbook
Rice and Black Beans
Southern Bean Cookbook
Creamy Hummus with Chickpeas Recipe
Black Beans, Rice and Steak Recipe
Mung Beans Recipe
Lima Beans with Parmesan Rotini and Bacon Recipe